Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Resolution...Finally!

I know it's crazy to be talking about New Year's resolutions at the end of January, but I've been thinking a lot about what mine should be this year. When I first started thinking about it, I made a list of all the things that I wanted to better with this year, but after thinking about it realized that I would be setting myself up for failure by having so many things to focus on. So then I started thinking about what ONE resolution could be. After much thought, it came to me today while I was mopping my floor (my least favorite chore, by the way.)

My New Year's Resolution for 2008 is...FINISH WHAT I START!

My resolution is two part:

#1- I have got to learn to finish things. Everything from day to day tasks, to craft projects that have been sitting around my house unfinished for months/years! I love to make lists of things to do but I am famous for either not finishing my list before making a new one or losing the list that I started with. I really want to be the kind of person who "gets things done" but unfortunately I have come to the realization that I am the kind of person who "plans really well but doesn't always execute perfectly"

#2- I need to know what's enough. I feel like half the problem is not setting realistic expectations for myself. I make long lists not thinking about what I'm actually going to be capable of accomplishing. I was already really distractible when it came to tasks pre-baby and now it's worse so I have to factor that in.
So that's my resolution and I'm hoping that I can be successful with it this year!
ENT UPDATE:
We went to the ENT for Ethan's ears this week and she said that the infection looks like it's cleared up in both ears which is great. Bummer is that he still has fluid in both ears which makes it more probable that he will get another one. We're still unsure at this point if we are going to do tubes. He has his 9 month check up on Monday so we'll see how his ears look at that point. Just going one day at a time...but at this point he's doing great and happy as can be!!!

4 comments:

brooke romney said...

Good luck with Ethan, and I love your resolution. Are you finishing the book club book?

Kirk and Aly said...

Way to have a resolution! I've given up already. I'm lame, I know. I have the book for book club if you need it.

Jake said...

Dueno or Draino,
Why have you come back into our perfect lives and ruined the peace I had.....You do have a cute kid though and a husband who must be a saint to put up with ya.
ps I hate you.

The Merrell Family said...

You must be a trooper braces, baby sick, and setting resolutions! Good to see what's going on in the Malone family.