Friday, January 4, 2008

Sick Baby and his 7th Month

Is this the sadest baby you have ever seen or what? Ethan woke up the morning of Christmas Eve with what seemed to Chris and I as just a little cold. He was a little bit more fussy than normal, but still played and had fun. Christmas Day...same thing. Enjoyed his new toys and had fun at Nana and Papa Murrin's house.
Then...the day after Christmas he woke up with a 102.5 fever and definitely the sadest little boy in the world. I took him to the doctor and found out he had a double ear infection! I guess we should count ourselves lucky that he has made it 7 months without getting sick and thankfully after a few days of medicine he was feeling a lot better!
I also wanted to put a little update on here for journaling purposes.
In Ethan's 7th month he learned to:
*stand while holding onto something (i.e. toy, couch, etc.)
*say "da-da"
* reach and play with toys confidently while sitting
*eat finger foods- his favorites are...Cherios, crackers, bread, "puffs", and bananas
*spin wheels - he had developed a fascination with anything that spins and even tries to look for wheels on his other toys
***Still no teeth, but we're on the lookout as he's been showing signs of teething for about 4 months now...hahaha...what do I know...huh?!?!?

1 comment:

christa said...

I'm so sorry, it's so hard when they get sick. We've been pretty lucky this winter so far. Maybe I shouldn't say that. Now I've jinxed myself. Hope all is well!!