Friday, January 18, 2008

24 going on 12

So for those of you who know me, you know that my LEAST favorite doctor in the whole world is the dentist. Mainly because I don't like feeling of someone scratching on my teeth and I have a horrible gag reflex so X-rays aren't the best. The other reason that I don't like the dentist is that I hate finding out that anything is wrong with me...I'm not sure why that is but it always makes me so upset to find out that I have a cavity or whatever.
Well...it seems that the time has come for my dentist to mention something that I knew deep deep down was coming...I need braces! I always wondered growing up why I didn't get them because my bottom teeth are pretty crooked, but like I said, I don't like finding out that anything is wrong with me so I never mentioned it. To me this is probably the worst news in the world because it means I have to look like a 12 year old (even though the orthodontist tells me that LOTS of adults are getting braces), have a lot of pain and probing in my mouth, and worst of all...be limited with what I can eat. :)

The good side of this story is that at the end of all this I will have nice straight teeth and that part I am really excited about! I know that I should be thankful that we can afford to be able to take care of this now before it causes any other problems and now that I've finished this post I am going to be more positive about this experience.

So to all of you who are reading this, any positive comments would be appreciated, jokes are highly discouraged because I might just cry!


As for Ethan, he's a trooper and getting really good at taking medicine...Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

The Rogers said...

You will be sore, but I am so excited for you! You are going to have a beautiful straight smile! Good luck! And hey its just an excuse to drink all the smoothies and milk shakes you want!!!

Anonymous said...

You will be stinking cute in braces, and it really isn't too bad!! Can't wait to see you!!

L&M said...

I had to get a second set of braces just last year! It stinks, but you're right about it being worth it in the end! the sooner the bettter...at least you're not 36 going on 12...

:)
-emali

Macey said...

Oh Lor...my mom got braces after I got mine off.

I think it's the chic thing to get braces after high school...or college...or babies, right? Good luck!

Michelle said...

Have you asked about invisalign? My co-worker is getting them and she said they were comparable in price to braces? Not sure if they would work for you, but then you wouldn't have to look like a 12 year old. Check it out.

christa said...

Sweet!!!You know, sadly, I have secretly always wanted braces. I used to put paper clips or tin foil folded up in my mouth and pretend they were braces. I know, I'm pretty lame. My sister actually had them when she was like 30, so you're not alone. Hope all goes well!!!