Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Home Away from Home

Ethan's 8th month is shaping up to be an interesting one. We just had our 4th doctor's appointment in 3 weeks and unfortunately we didn't get any good news...the ear infection is still there. So, Ethan had another horrible shot today (that makes 2 for the same infection) and we're on our 3rd antibiotic. If this one doesn't work to clear up his double ear infection then we'll be on our way to the Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist.
The only good news I have in all this is that he is still such a great baby! He was giving the receptionist at the doctor's office huge grins and when the doctor walked in he was smiling and laughing and bouncing up and down in my arms. Everyone probably thought I was crazy to be sitting on the "sick" side of the office when he was doing so well. But since he was screaming last night and up a few times, I knew something was up. At least this time he didn't have 103 fever!
So as I was waiting in the waiting room today, I thought to myself....Doctor's offices really should have punch cards. You know...after a certain number of visits you get one free!!!
Don't we wish it worked that way?!?!

No comments: