Thursday, January 24, 2008

Updates

Ethan: Well...went back to the doctor after another 103 fever day on Monday and just as we suspected his ears are not better. Actually to our surprise, the right ear was starting to clear up but still not 100% and the left was just as bad as ever. So, we have an appointment on Wednesday with the Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist and we'll just go from there. Our pediatrician didn't feel good about putting him on any other antibiotics given how many he's been on in the last month so we're just doing pain medicine as needed until his appointment. Luckily, he's been doing awesome! Sleeping and playing great just as if nothing was wrong. Chris and I were joking that it would be crazy if we went to the ENT and he was better after getting off the antibiotics.
Anyways, on the bright side our little boy went from completely anti-bottle to...
All of a sudden a bottle is the best thing in the world and he's taking it like it's no big deal! I love this picture because you can see the milk running down his face, he's so messy! I'm not totally convinced yet, but we'll just wait and see if it sticks. I wasn't planning on completely giving up nursing yet anyways so we'll see what happens.
Lauren: Braces are on...doesn't hurt as bad as I was anticipating, but it's definitely NOT a great feeling that's for sure. I guess the pro to having braces as an adult is that I've already done the baby thing and know how bad contractions can be so braces aren't so bad. The worst part by far is that I it really hurts to eat and since that is my favorite thing to do, it's a bummer! Tropical Smoothie Cafe, here I come!

4 comments:

Kirk and Aly said...

You'll have to let me know how the ENT goes. All of my girls had to have tubes in their ears, and it saved my sanity and millions in doctor copays. I remember going to the doctor so much one winter that the doctor and receptionists were some of our best friends. Yuck!

BTW, your braces are adorable on you! You can totally pull off being a cute teenager. Maybe I'll get braces to take some years off my age. :)

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Lauren! I had no idea you were a fellow blogger. So sorry to hear that Ethan is under the weather... no fun at all. Hopefully they can get him fixed up. I haven't seen you with your braces yet... but I bet you look adorable! I had braces from ages 8-13... at one point i actually thought my head gear was cool... that was a very very low point in my life =) -jennae porter

Macey said...

Lor-Yeah for Ethan taking a bottle! Hope all is getting better. Good luck with the braces

Biddle Family said...

Sorry that Ethan is sick... But he is the cutest little boy EVER. Good luck!