Monday, June 21, 2010

6 Years at King's Dominion


Jessica before our first ride of the day - Volcano - my personal favorite at King's Dominion. What do you think? Does she look a little nervous? :)
Here's the newbie - Intimidator 305
This think looked insane! After the boys were finished they both agreed that the 305 ft. drop at an 85 degree angle was awesome, but after that it was just whiplash after whiplash. Everyone was coming off rubbing their necks. I'm glad I decided to sit out with Jessica and hit some other rides.

The Drop Zone:
272 ft. drop at 72 mph
This was the other ride I voluntarily sat out of. I don't know what it is, but huge drops just aren't my cup of tea. I love the flips and spins and I can tolerate the drop for those...but just going up really high and coming back down just doesn't do anything for me.
The boys loved it though!


Funnel Cakes...now there's the true reason for a trip to an amusement park!

June 17th we took a fun couple's trip to King's Dominion with the Shorter's. We hadn't been since the summer right after we got married so we decided it would be the perfect day trip to take for our 6 year anniversary. Lucky for us, Danna and Ed were up for the adventure of a "Grandparent's Day." The boys had a blast and stayed busy all day and even took a trip to Chick-fil-A. Grandma loves to keep busy and the boys love it too! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
Now for the mushy part...6 years!
I honestly can't believe it's been that long already, but at the same time, I can hardly remember my life without Chris in it. I love him so much, he's my best friend, and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. His smile & laugh are contagious, you just can't help being happy around him, he's so fun, we can talk for hours, play games, and he loves having treats just as much as I do. He so often puts others in front of himself & often bends over backwards to help. We love to plan, to play, and to laugh as a family.
I can't imagine a better way to spend my last 6 years.
I love you Sweetheart!

No comments: