Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bigger

I woke up this morning to the sound of Tanner stirring in his bed. I went in quietly to get him as to not wake up Ethan who was sleeping in his bed right next to Tanner. As I picked up Tanner, I heard Ethan stir a little so I took a peek just in time to see Ethan's eyes open right up and here is the conversation that followed:

Ethan (with squinted eyes, barely awake): Is it my birthday?

Mom: Yes, it's your birthday today!

Ethan (hops right up and stands straight in his bed with his arms raised above his head): YEA! It's my birthday! I'm Three! I'm bigger than Daddy & Grandpa!

Well almost, right? Can you tell that he was anticipating this day to come? He had actually been asking for the last few wakings (in the mornings & after naps) if it was his birthday yet.

No comments: