To start this post, don't worry, my 4 1/2 year old, Ethan is potty trained! He is sporting out a pull up as moral support for his potty training brother. And because they are funny, crazy boys!
For Valentine's Day, their Great-Grandma brought over a special surprise, a M&M machine. The boys were thrilled and it worked out perfectly because with Tanner nearing the 2 1/2 year old mark it was just about potty training time. Chocolate candy is all my sweet little Tanner needs for a little extra encouragement. Potty training 102 was quite different than the first time around. I tried to remind him to "try" throughout the day as I did with Ethan and it backfired horribly by day 2. He was super frustrated to have to stop playing when he knew he didn't have to go. For Tanner it took me backing off and trusting that he would tell me for him to be good to go. It didn't take long and was actually much easier once I figured out the magic for him. Best of all, when he was dry all day, he was dry through the night as well! Amazing!
Way to go Tanner!
*And for a little pat on my own back, I embarked on this adventure while in the process of moving and preparing to renovate our NEW HOUSE! More to come on that next...
1 comment:
Oh potty training. So my least favorite part of being a mom!
Post a Comment