Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Next Goes the Tile & Doors

 I got to learn how to use a hammer and chisel to break all that beautiful yellow tile off the wall. Quite fun actually and think I only ended up with a small cut through the whole process...not bad.
 Close up shot of Melissa showing me how it's done
 Rudy came by to give some assistance and removed ALL the doors and hinges from our cabinets. Huge job and I was so grateful for his help. all the doors found a new home in our Sunroom where they are going to stay for the long process of cleaning, sanding, wiping, priming, painting (3 coats), then finally putting on the new hinges and handles.
Here they are all sanded and ready for priming!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the new house and good luck with the renovation. That is so exciting to have your own place.

Kim said...

What "fun" it looks like. Good luck and enjoy the process so you are happy with the end result! So impressive to see someone I know putting sweat and love into something they love.