This was the tallest & steepest escalator I've ever seen! It shows just how deep underground we were on the metro. Unfortunately Jennifer and I didn't get to take a ride since we had the babies in strollers. We took pictures of it instead but it was so dark the lighting turned out funky in the pictures.




We've been taking advantage of our trips up to the temple by visiting the sites in Washington DC while we're there. We took our last trip up at the end of April. This time we went with our friends, the Wights, and tag-teamed the kids. Jennifer and I got our time at the temple Friday evening then Jared and Chris went Saturday morning. It worked out perfect! After the boys got back we walked across the street from our hotel and rode "Metro the train" ,as Ethan called it, (think Thomas the train) straight into the city. We walked a few blocks over to the National Zoo. It was fantastic! The kids loved every minute. There were lots of great animals, including the most active lions I've ever seen. It was amazing. They also have a unique Orangatan exhibit where the monkeys are able to walk along tightropes that stretch across the park from one house to another. Really cool! Unfortunately, there weren't any monkeys out for an adventure while we were there. I'm sure it would be a sight worth seeing! All in all we had a great time and the best part about the National Zoo...it's FREE! On our drive back home after our adventures, Chris and I were thrilled to find that Northern Virginia has both Chipotle and Qdoba...2 mexican restaurant favorites. It was nice to have some quality mexican food, no offense to all you La Carreta (the local Mexican favorite) lovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment