We were so lucky because we got to combine a little side vacation in with our trip to Arizona this year! On Monday morning, we hopped in the car a took a quick trip to Sea World in San Diego. The boys both did fantastic in the car and we couldn't wait. Our hotel was less than fabulous but it met the criteria for this trip, inexpensive, so we were satisfied. Plus it provided us with a great continental breakfast, which if you know me, is pretty important.
Here we are preparing ourselves for a big day with a breakfast of champions!
The best family picture we could get before entering the park. The sun was pretty much blinding us but I was afraid this is the only picture we'd get for the whole trip (our picture taking track record isn't so great.) But I was so proud of us because we've got a truckload. So we actually have visual memories of our 2 great days at Sea World and as a bonus there's even a few pictures of me, which means Chris even took pictures! Amazing! I guess there is hope for us and our picture taking abilities.
I didn't even know Polar Bears were an attraction at Sea World. There's even an underwater viewing area in their tank...I'd love to be there on a day when they were swimming around.
The Beluga Whales turned out to be one of Ethan's favorites from Sea World, right after the Sea Lions. He did end up picking a miniature Beluga toy from the gift shop as his souvenier after changing his mind a million times!
I just loved watching Ethan's amazement at how close everything was.


Not a great picture, but I loved the memory of how close the seals and sea lions were as we watched them. It was so awesome!
Just so happened it was nap time.


I loved the shark exhibit. It was so cool being underneath them as they swam all around us. Much better option for me than jumping in a cage in the middle of the ocean like some people do.
Ok seriously, check out this face!?!? Is this not the craziest baby face you've ever seen. To make it even funnier, he wasn't even upset. It appears in the picture that he was crying or screaming, but no, in fact, he was just making one of his MANY funny faces. He cracks us up with the ways he's able to move his mouth.

My one picture taking regret is that this is the only picture I got with my Grandma Markert in it. She's the red head in the background and I'm so bummed I didn't get a better one with all of us together. She was on a cruise with a friend of hers and was able to meet up with us for the day. It was great to see her!

So cute!
Ethan was so brave on all the rides! No fear in this kid!
Thanks Nana & Papa for coming with us! It was a fun and memorable experience for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment