Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Introducing...

Sydney Hannah Malone

7 lbs. 7 oz.

20 inches long


Our new addition made it into the world safe and sound...and quite a bit earlier than expected. Her due date was June 3rd, but 2 weeks early she was ready to make her entrance. It was quite eventful as it all took place in the middle of the night. After weeks of on and off contractions that would come, continue regularly, then stop as quick as they came, I wasn't sure what was real.


After a couple hours of sleep, I woke up at 1:00 AM with contractions that were more painful and continued to increase. I finally woke Chris up at about 1:30, pretty sure that it was the real thing. The next 15 mins consisted of quickly increasing contractions and Chris began trying to get a hold of his parents to come over and stay with the boys. After quite a few attempts they finally woke up and his dad came over soon after. We headed to the hospital, about a 25 min drive, and arrived there at about 3:15. We had to get through registration then up to triage. Luckily, we arrived just in time because as soon as I got in a room and started to change, my water broke (3:40 AM.) They admitted us immediately by taking us across the hall to a delivery room. Then came the shocking news, I was already a 10 and she was ready to come. I'll never forget the way I felt when the nurse told me there was no time for an epidural and I should try not to push until the doctor got there. I felt pure shock coupled with fear as I was sure there was no way I'd be able to complete the task in front of me. With a silent prayer and the loving support of my wonderful husband she arrived safe and sound at 4:26 AM...only 45 mins after being admitted to the hospital. We're so grateful for her & she's well loved by many!

No comments: