Friday, October 22, 2010

The Infamous Pumpkin Patch

Most pumpkin patches are known for their hot apple cider, hay rides, and rows and rows of pumpkins, but here in Lynchburg, the infamous pumpkin patch is known for its HUGE jumpers. For weeks, Ethan has been excited for the day to come when he could have his turn to play until his heart's content. The day finally came and we headed over after naptime to meet Sierra, Joel, and Brody for some fun at the pumpkin patch.
From the moment we walked in Ethan was going non-stop. He loved everything they had there and was a little disappointed that one of the jumpers had an age requirement when he was obviously big enough to do it. He tried to talk his way into that one, but unfortunately he had to learn that not everything is Mom's decision. He even took some time to play in the small 3 and under jumper with Tanner, who loved it. I was surprised that he wasn't even intimated by the older kids. I'm bummed that I don't have any pictures of Tanner enjoying himself in there, but I was always right by him making sure he didn't get squashed.

By the time Brody got there, Ethan had already mastered all the slides so he tried to convince Brody that they weren't scary...Brody was not easily convinced but eventually warmed up to the idea with his Mom. Ethan was fearless and said his favorites were the massive shark slide and the obstacle course.

Grandma and Grandpa stopped by after work to watch the boys play and Tanner was immediately glued to Grandpa's shoulder. I tried to convince myself that it was because he was so much warmer..not because he was favoring him over me. :) Either way it was super cute and I got to slide with Ethan for a while!

Eventually, it started getting dark and I was freezing so I pried Ethan away from the slides to go paint his pumpkin. He worked hard with Grandma to create a masterpiece (too bad I didn't think about the pumpkin needing to dry, so I ended up cleaning paint off our car mats...note to self...paint pumpkin FIRST next year!) He then chose a larger pumpkin for us to carve later and we headed to Brody's house for Taco Soup and Cornbread. It was a perfect fall evening!

No comments: