My little baby is really growing up! He's reached the big 2! He can't quite figure out how to hold up two fingers on one hand so when we ask him he shows us 1 finger in each and says "I'm TWOOOOOO!" So cute!
We went to the doctor for his 2 year check up and he's almost 27 lbs. and in the 50th percentile for height. All that worrying when he was a baby and how he's a perfectly average 2 year old! The doctor was really impressed with how well he's talking too. He's definitely reaching the stage of repetition. He can pretty much copy anything we say and just loves it!
Besides that, he loves playing with balls, especially his basketball hoop and his new t-ball set. He's become quite the fast runner and loves to dance and sing! He definitely keeps us busy all day and we love every minute of it.
He has unfortunately hit the dreaded clingy state, a little late it seems, so he's been somewhat attached to Chris and I a lot lately. I'm hoping it's just a phase...right?
On his birthday, Chris and I took Ethan to the zoo! It was such a great family day and he always loves to see the animals. He's getting so smart and can tell us all their names right when he sees them. We're trying to make the most of our zoo passes before it's just too hot.
He got a special ride "round and round" on the "roar!"
On Saturday, before his birthday, we had his Animal Birthday Party at the park. He loved it! All morning he would point to things I was getting ready and say "my party, my party." My mom was amazing and made a super fun bean bag game the kids LOVED! I'm most excited because it's bringing lots of indoor fun now too! In addition to the lion, there was also a really cute little monkey.
Ethan spent a good portion of his party eating the "tree" treats. I did all the snacks corresponding with an animal. Kinda cheesy, but really cute! :)
Here is my first attempt at animal cupcakes! I was really happy with the lion, elephant, and bear. The zebra's and giraffe's needed a little more detail, but I ran out of icing and it was midnight so I called it good!
Overall, he had such a fun 2nd birthday and took an almost 4 hour nap afterwards just to recover!
Happy Birthday Ethan...we love you!
6 comments:
I have been waiting for this! :) The cupcakes are too cute, the snacks look fabulous and Ethan looks like he had a blast. Sorry we missed another birthday.
I love the snacks, they are super cute!!
Ummmm... you totally have the cutest ideas! You should be a party planner :)
p.s. Have you found out what you're having?
I love the matching boys-looks like fun!
I can't believe he is two. When we talked about his party, the age didn't register. Crazy. And you'll have another one before you know it.
So cute! And you are super creative! I can't believe he is 2! Time flies!
Post a Comment